Acceptable recommenders: Letters of recommendation may be written by current or recent teachers, school administrators, employers, mentors, academic advisors, coaches or directors of extracurricular activities.
How does the process work?:
- Use your online account to find a section called "Who will write your letter of recommendation?"
- Use that form to tell us who's writing your letter.
- We have a super easy online recommendation format for your recommender to use, so while you're in the form, you'll also have the option to copy the link we provide so that you can send an email to your recommender. PRO TIP: We've even written you a template to copy and send to the recommender to make the process easier!
- Your recommender will use the link you've provided via email to open our online form and submit their letter electronically.
- We'll receive an alert when the letter's completes and then, within 1 - 2 business days, we'll upload it to your account so that you can see it's been received.
What if they prefer to write a traditional letter?: That's totally fine! If your recommender prefers to do things "old school" just ask them to fax their letter to 610.265.3678 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need to change my recommender...what do I do?: Email email@example.com with your full name and ask us to open your form for edits. Just remember that you'll have to send the email to your new recommender after you make changes.
May I submit more than one letter?: Yes, of course! Just send the link to each person so that we receive a unique form from both. Or ask them to send their letters via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 610.265.3678.
My recommender said they sent their letter, why isn't it in my online account?: Please find out how they sent their letter (online form, email or fax) and when. If it was within two business days, it's just being processed by the administrative office. If it's been longer than two business days, send an email to email@example.com so they can see if there's a technical issue with the submission.
May I upload my own letter? No, we must receive the letter directly from it's author.
May I see the letter?: To encourage greater openness and to present a more fair and honest recommendation, YSA applicants waive their right of access to letters of recommendation. Applicants agree that the remarks made in their letters of recommendation should be confidential between the writer and the various constituencies to whom their credential file may be shown.I lost the link to the letter of recommendation form, what do I do?: Right-click here to copy the URL again.